Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE4_Adobe Flash Pt.4

This week in Flash I was looking at building a slideshow/menu for our school's website.

After going through the trainings on Lynda.com and watching the videos on the basic animation, or tweening, it seemed pretty straightforward and easy to use.

I then grabbed some images that I wanted to use in this project and imported them into the library, fairly simple task so far.

Where I ran into the stumbling block was when it came to resizing the images. My original images were way too large for the 'stage' area in Flash, so it took me a while to get them resized and fitting my stage area.

The button for the forward, pause, and back were fairly easy to complete as well. Once all your images and button were complete, placing them on the stage was also a fairly easy task.

The area that I will have to revisit in Lynda.com and online tutorials from Adobe will be in the action scripting and creating the script that tells the buttons what to do, i.e. go forward, pause or go backward and also adding scripting to jump to a specific web page when the corresponding image is clicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment