Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wk1-1 DB Quickies: DIY Classroom/Presentation Solutions_Response Post 3

Kristi Swartz says:
May 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Great solution Michael. I know it is always important to have a backup plan for class when technology is involved! I often use the computer on the LCD screen as the television sets still require VHS tapes and are hung in one small corner of the classroom! They are also all of 20 some inches! The projector allows for the class to see the movie in large form! My only issue is that with one laptop in the room, that means I can not record grading, update files, etc. while the movie is playing. This, of course, is not an issue if I bring my MacBook with me to class! Planning ahead and alternate plans are essential!

I would have loved to see the students write their own versions of the beginning of Wuthering Heights based on the imagery and music alone. Then, you could have replayed it on the LCD screen and let them see how close, or far off they were based on the foreign language part and the subtitled part!
Reply

*
Rowdy Granado says:
May 2, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Kristi-

I just purchase one of those inexpensive VCR/DVD combo units for such situations. I have it hooked up through an AV switcher to the projector and can use it to show videos and still get work done.

Maybe this might be a possible fix.

Rowdy

No comments:

Post a Comment